Since 1977 Calgary has been home to a Junior Magician Club, first hosted by Everett Andrews, and later administrated by the Calgary Magic Circle. Now entering it’s third generation the instruction of junior magicians is under the care of Ryan Pilling and Yeatland Wong, supported by the Everett Andrews Legacy Fund.
About the Club
Meeting once a month, young magicians can share tricks and get instruction in the tricks of the trade and sleight-of-hand magic from expert magicians. Each class runs for two hours on a Sunday afternoon, and the year wraps up in July with a public performance allowing each student their moment in the spotlight to share what they’ve been working on.
Requirements to Become a Member
- For young magicians aged 10 to 16
- Able to attend monthly meetings on Sunday afternoon
- Strong interest in learning magic (we can support and foster this interest, but the magic study and progress must be primarily self-directed)
- Annual instruction and materials fee of $125
- Subject to assessment from the instructors to make sure it’s a good fit
- Once a month on Sunday afternoon from 2 to 4 PM.
- Upcoming schedule: September 24, October 22, November 19
- A chance to share progress on tricks, and learn new magic
- Provided with all materials required for the lesson
- Supplemented with printed and video instructions for later review and practice
Interested in Joining?
Please fill out this inquiry form and we will get in touch.